Tuesday, May 10, 2011
(1) Green Nori Salad
2 pcs green leafy lettuce (tear into pieces)
1 small onion (optional, sliced thinly and chopped fine)
2 Nori seaweed (toasted type used for sushi. Cut into small pieces)
1 tablebspoon Lemon juice
dash of sea salt
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
(You may substitute the onion with 1/2 a cucumber, seeded & slice thinly)
(1) Toss all ingredients, except the sesame seeds and seaweed, in a mixing bowl.
(2) Chill mixture in fridge for 30 minutes or so.
(3) Stir in the cut seaweed and sesame seeds just before serving.
Cucumber & Wakame Seaweed Salad
1 medium size cucumber ( slice into thin rounds)
1 cup wakame seaweed (soak in water till softened. Cut into 2" lengths)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or lemon juice or apple cider vinegar)
2 tablespoon fine brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
(1) Mix cucumber slices and seaweed in salad bowl.
(2) Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and add to No: 1. Stir in the salt.
(3) Chill mixture and sprinkle sesame seeds on top just before serving.
Seaweed Tofu Soup
2 pcs silky soft tofu (cut into cubes)
1 small packet of enoki mushrooms
1 small carrot (sliced thin)
5-6 button mushrooms (sliced thin)
5-6 leaves of Napa Cabbage (wong nga pak)(cut into pcs)
Few slices of young ginger
Some wakame or kombu seaweed
salt to taste
(1) Soak the seaweed until soft and cut into pieces. Leave aside
(2) Put about 1 1/2 litre of water in pot and add in the vegetable.
(3) Bring to a boil and turn down heat and let simmer for another 8-10 mins.
(4) Add in sliced carrots and ginger and continue simmer 5 minutes.
(5) Add in the button mushrooms and eknoni mushrooms and seaweed.
(6) Stir in soy sauce and salt to taste. Finally, add the tofu cubes.
(7) Serve hot.