Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Make your Lunar New Year Resolution to Being Vegan!
Gong xi! gong xi! gong xi ni! Happy Chinese New Year!
Live a Healthier Life … Starting Today! Consider making your resolution & lunar new year as simple, meaningful & more compassionate style by being a vegan. Going vegan is actually very easy as most vegetarian restaurant or organic cafe now offer great-tasting & delicious healthy vegetarian selections.
Some people become vegetarian overnight for example:
1) Pamela Anderson The former Baywatch star is a vegetarian, an advocate for animal rights, and an active member of PETA, taking part in several campaigns for animal rights.
She became a vegetarian in her early teens when her father brought home a deer that he had killed.
2) Paul McCartney The superstar has been a vegetarian for over 30 years. He famously once explained his vegetarianism by claiming that he doesn't eat anything with a face,
"Many years ago, I was fishing, and as I was reeling in the poor fish, I realised, 'I am killing him — all for the passing pleasure it brings me'. Something inside me clicked. I realized as I watched him fight for breath that his life was as important to him as mine is to me." McCartney said.
3) Portia de Rossi When Portia married Ellen DeGeneres, the wedding featured a vegan meal for guests, as well as a vegan wedding cake.
4) Ellen DeGeneres The talk show host has recently gone vegan! She has always been a huge animal supporter and encourages eating local and organic food.
5) Daryl Hannah The actress has been a vegetarian since was was 11-years-old.
She is also doing her part to save the whales, working with the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society in an attempt to stop Japanese whaling activity in the Antarctic Ocean.
6) Moby The singer has been a vegan for close to 20 years. Moby's veganism has been a constant thread through his music career.
In 2002, he opened Teany, a cozy vegetarian tea shop in his Manhattan neighborhood that immediately became a popular hangout
While others make the change to veg gradually. Do what works best for you. Below are some tips/informations in helping you in making your transition to a vegetarian diet:
1)Oprah's 21-Day Vegan Challenge Support Page
2)PETA challenges us to 30-day pledge to eat veg
3)Refer valuable resources e.g:
Read a couple of Veggie food blogs:
Posted by Anonymous at 12:48 AM