Saturday, December 27, 2008
Once I dreamt I had an Interview with GOD
Here's another one of those very profound and soul-searching writings to share with you and your friends:
ONCE I DREAMT I HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH GOD
"So, your would like to interview me?" God asked.
"If you have the time, " I said.
God said with a smile, "My time is eternity. What questions would you like to ask me?"
"What surprises you most about mankind?" was my question.
* That they get bored with childhood. They rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.
* That they lose their health to make money, and then lose their money to restore their health.
* That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present or the future.
* That they live as if they will never die, and die as if they had never lived."
God's hand took mine, and we were silent for awhile. Then I asked, "As a parent, what are some of life's lessons you want your children to learn?"
God replied with a smile :
*To learn they cannot make anyone love them. What they can do is to let themselves be loved.
* To learn that it is not good to compare themselves with others.
* To learn that a rich person is not one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.
* To learn that it only takes a second to open profound wounds in persons we love, and it takes many years to heal them..
* To learn to forgive by practising forgiveness.
* To learn that there are persons who love them dearly, but simply do not know how to express or show their feelings.
* To learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it differently.
* To learn that it is not always enough that they be forgiven by others, but they must forgive themselves.
* And to learn that I AM here always.
I sat there for awhile enjoying the moment. I thanked Him for His time and all that He has done for me and my family, and He replied: "Anytime, I'm here 24 hours a day. All you have to do is to ask for me and I'll answer."
PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU SAID
PEOPLE WILL FORGET WHAT YOU DID
BUT PEOPLE WILL NEVER FORGET
HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL
(Source : UNKNOWN)