Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Words of a Piglet - by Supreme Master Ching Hai


Listen to the words of little piglet / 倾 听 小 猪 猪 的话
Poem by : Supreme Master Ching Hai in her 20s’
Music by : Trần Quang Lộc
Vocal by : Thanh Thúy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI1Ll1dZ8gA


Words of Piglet

The day I met you first
Was the day of my birth
Pink and round, me oh so plump
With Mom I gaily frolicked.

Lovingly you looked at me
Praising, “Oh, so round, what a cutie!”
Every day you came by to visit
Bringing cool water and delicious veggie treats.

Mommy and I were so touched
Your kindness worth more than gold
I lived a peaceful life
Under your care and protection
Growing more plump with each passing day
Just eat, rest and play…

So lovely was this early morn
As clouds were drifting across the sky
Cuddling together, Mommy and I
Unaware of the befalling tragedy!

Two brawny young men
Strong like tigers and elephants
Squashed my tiny body
Flat into a cage of horror!
There was no way to escape!
O God, what purgatory was this?

I wailed in fear and terror
Mom, oh Mom, please save me!
Oh caretaker,
please come protect me quickly!
Rescue my life, I’m still at a tender age!

Mom was crying out in sorrow
Tears of desperation filling her eyes
The immense Heavens cannot contain
This horrendous emotional pain!

My caretaker turned away
Hands busy counting a stack of money
Haplessly I rolled around in the car trunk
Breaking heart more painful than bodily misery!

The two young men bantered:
“This piglet will be so tasty!
Tomorrow we’ll slaughter him
To celebrate the birth
of the wife’s newborn baby!”

Oh, how ironic this life
My soul is shattered
Tears flow in my heart
Like blood running in rivulets.

I thought you loved me
Nurturing me to maturity
But all this was a sham
For you, it’s just profit and gain!

Tomorrow my body will be cut to pieces
My flesh and bones
turned to sheer torture
Just so people can laugh in merriment
At their happy feast and gathering.

To your children and others’ too
I wish them all long lives
So the family can stay together
Not endure the same fate as mine…

I pray the whole family lives nobly
To be human in many lifetimes
And never be reborn as pigs
Paying forever karmic debts!

Alas, good-bye life…
I ache for my gentle suffering mother
In tears I am overcome…
Oh, Mommy! Mom…Mom…

小猪猪的话
初见您那天
我呱呱落地
粉红浑圆胖嘟嘟
跟妈咪快乐嬉戏

您疼爱地看着我
称赞着:「圆滚滚,多可爱!」
每天您来探视我
带来冷饮与美味素餐

妈咪和我好感动
您的善心胜黄金
在您关怀保护下
我过着和平生活
日渐长大胖嘟嘟
天天吃睡和玩乐…
这天清晨多可爱
空中浮云轻飘过
妈咪与我相偎依
未料悲剧将降临!

两名粗壮的男子
壮如猛虎与大象
推压我小小身躯
塞进恐怖牢笼中
无路可逃!
上帝啊,这是何等恐怖!

我害怕惊恐哀嚎
妈咪啊,请来救我!
照顾者啊,请快来保护我!
救我一命,我还小啊!

妈咪悲哀地哭泣
绝望眼泪盈满眶
浩瀚苍天容不了
此情悲痛多可怕

照顾者转身而去
手上忙着数钞票
不幸的我在车厢内翻滚
心碎之痛更胜肉身苦!

两名年轻人揶揄着:
「这只小猪看来真美味!
明天我们宰了他,
庆祝太太的新生儿!」

喔,生命多讽刺
我灵魂破碎
内心淌泪水
似血流成河

我以为您爱我
要养我长大
但都是假的
对您,这只是利益!

明天我将碎尸数段
骨肉饱受痛苦折磨
人们才能开怀大笑
欢乐聚会大啖宴饮

祝福您和其它人
孩子个个都长寿
家庭才能长相聚
免受此命运如我…

愿全家生活高贵
生生世世能做人
永不轮回生为猪
偿还无尽业障债!

唉,再见了,生命…
想念受苦的慈母
不堪泪水中…
喔,妈咪!妈…妈…

No comments: